Your admission letter - this will give you details about whether you should stop eating or drinking before your admission and at what time.
If so, it is very important that you have nothing to eat or drink after the stated time. This includes sweets, mints and chewing gum.
- Medication - if you take tablets, medicines or inhalers prescribed by your doctor, please take your morning dose as usual, with a small sip of water unless you have been specifically told not to take them at your pre-assessment.
- Dressing gown, slippers (flip flops are not advisable).
- Please remove nail varnish from fingers / toes prior to arrival.
- If you are having breast surgery or surgery to your upper or lower limbs, please remove all rings from fingers / toes.
- It is a very good idea to bring in reading matter as you may have some while to wait.
- Please do not bring valuables or large amounts of money with you. We provide lockers for your belongings to be secured in, but we cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage to your personal property.
- If you wish to bring your mobile phone, please ensure you keep it safe and locked away with your property whilst you are having your surgery. We cannot accept any responsibility for loss, damage or theft.
The Hospital has a No Smoking Policy.
Patients and visitors are requested not to smoke within any part of the hospital’s grounds. If you smoke cigarettes it is a good idea to stop smoking for at least 48 hours before a general anaesthetic. Try not to smoke on the day of your admission.