Our volunteers are very special people to us and if you would like to make a difference we’d love to hear from you. We are always looking for more volunteers to join our team.
If you are interested, you can view the roles available via our page on the Assemble website:
There are many possible roles to choose from:
- Hospital Guides - who welcome patients and visitors to the hospital and who may help with Check-In and accompany to clinics and wards.
- Clerical Support - this may involve Reception duties, filing, photocopying and general administration in a department.
- Ward Support - may involve drink/meal-time or general support to assist staff and offer social and practical help which enhances patient care and well-being.
- Portering - join the caring and skilled team who help patients to and from clinics and wards.
- Hearing Support - Audiology staff are supported by our small team who help patients with ear mould insertion, retubing, hearing aid use and maintenance.
- Specialist Charitable Support - at ASPH we work with charities such as Age UK, The Red Cross and Bliss to offer specialist help to patients and visitors.
- Gardening - help us to improve and care for our courtyard and open spaces, to make an attractive environment for us all.
In addition, the following roles are described in more detail under Other Volunteering Support:
- Heartbeat Support - providing a support service to patients on the cardiac ward.
- Chaplaincy - The team offers a pastoral and spiritual care service to our hospital community.
- Hospital Radio Wey - volunteers may broadcast and/or collect ward requests for our award-winning community radio station.
- Ashford League Of Friends – they are keen to hear from volunteers interested in working in their shop and helping with other activities to raise funds for equipment for the hospitals.
We do not offer work experience placements – see our Work Experience section for this.