The road to recovery is a six week course that helps people who are having treatment or recovering from cancer to get on with life.
The course concentrates on refocusing on inner strengths and resilience to support people to cope emotionally, psychologically and practically.
How the course may help you
These are some of the positive outcomes that people get from the course:
- Feel reassured and able to recognise own potential for making changes to enhance quality of life, confidence and happiness.
- Feel more able to support and share with others, less feeling of isolation.
- Feel more confident in dealing with emotional issues, depression, anxiety, anger and frustration.
- Understand and use positive listening and communication skills.
- Know how to achieve long and short term plans for change by setting goals for yourself and using problem solving steps.
- Address difficult problems using the problem solving techniques of the course designed to analyse and find solutions.
- Able to use the relaxation techniques practised on the course to refresh the mind and body.
The course is funded by Macmillan Cancer Support and led by a Cancer Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) with a Counsellor.
Find out more
For more information or If you are interested in attending please contact: Regina Santos, Lead Cancer Nurse Specialist: 01932 722771.