A career at Ashford & St Peter’s offers you the opportunity to work for your local employer, develop your skills and build your career through our career structures.
On this page, we have a selection of various discounts and benefits available to staff.
- Transport and Travel
- Entertainment and Leisure
- Salary Sacrifice
- Flexible Working
The Trust recognises that access to affordable accommodation is of importance to all members of staff and has established partnerships with the following Housing Associations to provide accommodation. Accommodation varies from one room shared accommodation to 2-bedroom apartments. We are currently working with the following providers:
- A2 Dominion Group – (close to Ashford Hospital)
- Vivid Homes- Sandgates - (10 minutes’ walk from St Peter’s Hospital)
- Optivo Housing, Chertsey – (on the St Peter's site).
You can find out more by accessing our designated accommodation page here.
|There is car parking available on both sites for staff to use. As of March 2022, staff will have to pay for parking. You can find out more here
Free 446 Bus Service
|The bus route travels from Woking to Staines, stopping at St Peter’s. Show your NHS I.D Card to get free access. You can find out more here
|Further bus routes to Ashford Hospital and St Peter’s Hospital can be found here
Enjoy some great days out in Surrey and surrounding areas. There is an abundance of things to do in Surrey, with some of the best attractions in the Southeast located here, including:
- Tour one of the many museums, gardens, or historic houses in Surrey
- Enjoy outdoor space at one of many parks and gardens
- Make the most of the Surrey Hills and enjoy walking and cycling.
- Enjoy a family day out and discover free things to do. (Make sure to check out our discount schemes to see where you can save money).
- There are many great local theatres where you can see shows.
For more information, visit Visitsurrey.com/things-to-do
At ASPH, we have a strong commitment to promoting health and wellbeing, inclusion, diversity, and equity. To enable us to do this we have created network groups to help support our staff to reach their career potential, whilst removing some of the barrier’s staff face in bringing their whole self to work.
The Networks include:
- Disability and Wellbeing Network (DAWN)
- Lesbian, Gay Bisexual, Transgender, Queer (LGBTQ+) Community and Ally Network
- Race, Ethnicity and Cultural Heritage (REACH) Network
- Health and Wellbeing Ambassadors
- Men’s Health Network
There are plenty of discount schemes available for you to save money on a broad range of products to help with the cost of living.
|Vivup Benefits Platform
|Our partnership with Vivup provides staff with real life discounts to help with the cost of living, including money off at Supermarkets, High Street Retailers, the Cost of Motoring and much more.
|Blue Light Card
|Access to exclusive discounts and early booking on events. The card costs £5.00 for two years.
Further Discount Schemes
- NHS Staff Benefits
- Health Service Discounts
- Addlestone Therapy Centre
- Top Golf
- Salon Seven
- Chertsey Miller and Carter
- West End Theatres
Home Electronics Scheme
The Vivup Home Electronics Scheme allows you to spread the cost on the latest home technology over a 12- or 24-month period, with no deposits or hidden payments.
Once you have joined the scheme, you’ll have access to 1000’s of everyday home electronic products.
Tusker Car Lease Scheme
The Tusker Car Benefit Scheme allows you to drive a brand-new car via a salary sacrifice arrangement. Salary Sacrifice schemes can be very beneficial, and in 2021, on average saved customers £214 per month.
Cycle to Work Schemes
We have two cycle to work schemes available to staff at the Trust. Both are salary sacrifice initiatives.
- Vivup - Our Cycle to Work benefit enables you to enjoy tax free bikes and accessories for your commute to work. Vivup have the largest range of bikes and accessories, including road, mountain, hybrid and electric bikes.
- Evans Cycles - The cycle to work scheme allows you to spread the cost of a large purchase over a 12-to-24-month period. On your behalf, the Trust buys either a 12- or 24-month certificate. You repay the trust out of your gross salary over the following agreed time, saving up to 42% over the course of the contract.
We are delighted to share updates from our ongoing Agile and Flexible Working project, in which we are aiming to build an inclusive culture offering agile and flexible working opportunities for both clinical and non-clinical staff, across the Trust.
We understand the key to a sustainable and productive workforce is a team of happy and supported individuals. And as part of this, to continue our commitment to improving employee work-life balance, we are looking at ways we can effectively open appropriate levels of flexible working to all, beyond the Covid-19 pandemic.
On-site Staff Gym
Established in November 2021, we have a free staff gym available staff to use at our St Peter’s Hospital. The gym includes Dumbbells, Kettlebells, Treadmills, Spin Bikes, Cross Trainers, Rowing Machines and much more functional fitness kit.
Corporate Club Membership
- Energie Fitness, Ashford
- River Bourne Fitness
- Nuffield Health, Sunbury
- Woking Leisure Centre