In this section:
Team Wellbeing Challenges
Throughout the year the ASPH Health and Wellbeing team puts on a wide variety of wellbeing challenges for staff.
Health and Wellbeing Ambassadors
The ASPH wellbeing team have a growing number of Health and Wellbeing Ambassadors to help champion wellbeing within the Trust.
The main responsibilities of a Wellbeing Ambassador are:
- To champion and promote the relevant messages and events for Health & Wellbeing;
- To promote Health & Wellbeing activities to colleagues;
- To provide basic information to colleagues about the Health & Wellbeing programme;
- To signpost colleagues to the relevant services and sources of information;
- To promote a healthy culture within the workplace through leading by example;
- To understand the limitations of the role, when to refer people and to whom they should be referred.
A yearly tournament held between April and July. Enter a team within your department to be in with a chance of winning the coveted Rounder’s cup.
- Ashford Walking Route
- St Peter’s Walking Route
The Staff pantomime started as an idea from our Dementia Admiral Nurse, David Sills. He approached me and after a few weeks of pondering I decided that being part of a Trust with 5000 staff if we were going to put on a pantomime then it had to be staff in it for staff to watch it. We were so lucky to have so many talented staff that could sing, dance and act. We had a costume maker and a fantastic pantomime director who had actually run her own dance school for years. I’m sure if you speak to those that watched it or were a part of it they will tell you how fabulous the whole thing was.
A Day in their Shoes
Would you like to shadow someone in a different role for the day?
“In Their Shoes” is a shadowing programme that was developed through the Chief Executive’s “Sounding Board”, to support the Trust’s vision of creating rewarding roles and clarity and transparency around career pathways.
For staff wanting to develop themselves in their roles or careers, it presents a unique opportunity to gain an insight into how different people, teams and departments work. Perhaps you are intrigued as to how other jobs/departments work and would like to shadow to get an appreciation of others roles within our Trust.
This is currently postponed due to COVID-19.