The Trust is committed to ensuring the needs of Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans (LGBT+) employees and service users are understood and met both in policy and practice.
As LGBT Champion I would like to invite LGBT+ staff to meet so that I can hear your thoughts and ideas on how to promote LGBT+ issues in the workplace.
Benefits of a Network could include:
- an opportunity to voice concerns
- provide peer support, for example, mentoring schemes
- provide information on legislation and discrimination issues
- organise social events
- raise the profile of LGBT issues
- hold information sharing events
- invite external speakers
- provide advice on legislation
- provide an annual report to the Equality and Inclusion Steering Committee
- set up systems for consulting LGBT+ staff
- promote ASPH as a leader in LGBT+ equality
It is important that LGBT employees feel comfortable at work and I believe that setting up a LGBT Network will help us achieve our aim of a safe and inclusive working environment in which every individual can reach their full potential without fear of discrimination.
As LGBT Chair I want to hear your ideas to help us achieve this aim.
ASPH Trust LGBT+ Network Chair
Sexual Orientation Data 2020/21