In this section:
Emily Perrier, of Prittie Yoga is continuing to offer NHS staff free online yoga.
Les Mills on Demand
ASPH Wellbeing have partnered with Les Mills to provide staff with discounted access to their extensive on demand platform.
Every Friday 5-6pm at Jubilee High School, Addlestone. Futsal is played indoors with a heavier, smaller ball with there typically being 5 players on each team.
Heather is a qualified Yoga teacher and works as Physiotherapist for the trust. She runs classes that are suitable for complete beginners to yoga. She will introduce students to yoga poses (asanas), as well as breathing techniques and mindfulness helping students to have a calmer, stronger and more flexible mind and body. The classes are welcoming and inclusive and are suitable for all bodies, however if you have a health condition please contact Heather to discuss your needs.
Various reduced memberships offered at local gyms
Digital Weight Management Programme
NHS England have launched a free Digital Weight Management Programme for staff, which gives you access to a twelve week tailored programme, aiming to support a healthier lifestyle. This new and exciting programme is offered to NHS staff living with obesity, to provide the support needed to stay healthy and active.
- NHS England » Digital weight management programme for NHS staff
A science-backed app in mindfulness and meditation, providing unique tools and resources to help reduce stress, build resilience, and aid better sleep.
- NHS England » Headspace
Alcohol and Drugs
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Acacia House Alcohol Recovery Project - Woking (Tel: 01483 740774)
- Acacia Community Drug & Alcohol Service - Guildford (Tel: 01483 450256)
- Acorn Community Drug & Alcohol Services - Frimley (Tel: 01276 670883)
- Action of Addiction - Registered Charity with treatment centres for all addictions.
- ADFAM - Information, advice & support services for families affected by addiction.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) - Supports the recovery & sobriety of individuals.
- Al-Anon - Support for those who have been affected by someone else’s drinking.
- Drink line - (Tel: 0300 123 110)
- Narcotics Anonymous - Confidential service run by volunteers, 24/7.
- Frank - (Tel: 0300 123 6600 | Text: 82111).
- Catalyst Drug & Alcohol Services - (Tel: 01483 590150)
- I Access Drug & Alcohol Services - (Tel: 0300 222 5932)
- We are with you - Helping individuals & communities with substance misuse.
One you Surrey Stop Smoking Service
Free Stop Smoking advice for those who live and/or work in Surrey. The support is offered by a qualified Smoking Cessation advisor, you can find out more information on the One You Surrey website.
You can find out more about the trust’s policy on smoking here.
Health / Other
In house Physiotherapy
ASPH offer free in house physiotherapy for staff to support them with any aches, pains or ailments they may be suffering with.
NHS Health Checks
Offered regularly to NHS staff who meet the criteria. The checks offered include blood pressure, cholesterol and BMI, alongside a lifestyle chat with a qualified advisor. These are provided by One You Surrey.
Discover in 20 minutes, a compassionate space in guided meditation.
Venue: Ashford Multi Faith Centre
Cycle to Work
Evans cycles Ride-to-Work is a leading provider of the Governments Cycle to Work scheme.
This popular employee benefit provides excellent tax savings on our wide range of bikes and equipment.
The choice could be a new bike plus high-vis clothing and safety accessories or simply a new kit for the commute - it's all available through Ride-to-Work with up the 42% tax savings.
For more information, see www.evanscycles.com/b2b/ride-to-work.
The Bicycle User Group (BUG)
The Bicycle User Group (BUG) was established in 2012 with the aim of supporting cyclists as well as increasing the use of sustainable travel modes.
The BUG is open to any staff member who already cycles to work, may cycle to work or has a general interest in cycling. We also invite staff from SABP, Runnymede Hospital and Viridian Housing to the meeting.
At the BUG meetings the following issues have been discussed and actioned both internally and externally:
- Ride to Work scheme (inc. salary sacrifice)
- Cycle facilities at the Trust
- Showers and changing room facilities at the Trust
- Pothole, lighting and roadway issues
- Mobile cycle servicing and repairs
- Eco Rewards scheme
Dugan Warn, ASPH BUG Chair