To improve our extremely popular and successful Same Week Ultrasound Service and to correctly reflect the nature of this service, the service name has been changed.
The new name describes the service more effectively, which will allow us to meet the expectations of our patients.
The changes to the service have been bought about to further improve the patient experience and allow flexibility in booking the appointments for this popular service.
The examinations that can be carried out through the same week phone in service are:
- Gynaecological (transvaginal and transabdominal),
- Lumps and bumps,
- Thyroids and
- Children over the age of 6.
All other examinations are by appointment only.
Non-Urgent GP Direct Access Ultrasound service:
- Patients will need to phone the Radiology Appointment Booking line (01932 723054) between 0800am and 1600 and be offered an appointment at either Ashford or St Peter’s Hospitals.
- If all slots are taken for that day patients will be offered an appointment over a period of 7days or to send in their form for a routine appointment.
- ONLY ONE scan category (please see attached Patient request and preparation form) can be scanned on the same day appointment slots.
- If more than one area is to be scanned, you will need to be referred using the routine appointment service by your GP.
Our current wait for ultrasound scans is 0 - 4weeks.