One of the key roles for the Medical Examiner, is to support relatives through the death of their loved one.
Often, when a person dies, their last episode can be complicated, with lots of medical terminology and an unclear sequence of events. It can be difficult for families to find answers to their questions, or speak directly to the responsible teams involved in their loved one’s care.
The Medical Examiner, by reviewing the notes, will be able to explain the events of the last episode and answer any questions you may have. They will also discuss the Cause of Death as specified on the Medical Certificate of Cause of Death.
- Patient Information Leaflet
- Bereavement Office
- NHS England Medical Examiners System Website
- Relatives’ Feedback Form
- Death - Surrey County Council
- Surrey Coroner - Surrey County Council
- AtaLoss.org is the UK's signposting and information website for bereaved people