The safety of patients, visitors and colleagues working on the hospital sites is our absolute priority. If you do need to attend hospital in person we would like to reassure you that every possible infection prevention and control measure is being taken. Your visit will feel different to previous visits, with changes put in place to ensure the safety of everyone.
The key measures you will encounter are:
- There are 3 designated entrances:
- Main Entrance – Blood tests, Maternity, Ophthalmology, Infusion Suite
- Outpatients – all outpatient appointments / diagnostics (excl. Ophthalmology).
- Entrance 3 – Radiology (X-ray, ultrasound, CT, MRI, mammography, bone density), Pre-op Assessment, Day Surgery.
- You will be only permitted into the building 10 minutes before your appointment time.
- Please try and attend your hospital visit by yourself. Anyone attending with you is likely to be refused entry to the hospital / asked to wait in the car unless there is a valid reason for them to support you during your appointment.
- Inside each entrance is a ‘screening’ station. You will be asked a series of COVID related screening questions and also have your temperature taken. To avoid a wasted trip on the day please do not attend if you are experiencing a fever, fatigue, cough or sore throat or currently taking antipyretic medication to combat fever (paracetamol / ibuprofen etc).
- You will be asked to use one of the wall mounted gel dispensers on arrival.
- If you are attending for a blood test please ensure you have an appointment and you also bring your blood test request form with you on the day.
- If queuing for entry to the hospital, the screening desk, a reception desk or sitting in one of the waiting areas please maintain at least a 2 metre distance from any other patient.
- We have reduced the number of patients booked into each session to allow time for the additional screening measures.
We thank you for your support in following this guidance and in doing so to help keep everyone safe.
|Ward||Type||Location||Direct Dial Number|
|Chaucer Ward||Medical||Ground Floor,
|Dickens Ward||Surgical||First Floor,
|Tennyson Unit||Surgical||Ground Floor,
Click here for access guide to Ashford Hospital or the follow the ward links above.