Care first - advice, information and counselling service
Care first provides confidential, impartial advice and support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The service is free for you to access whenever you need. You don’t need to ask permission from your manager or organisation before contacting Care first. Through Care first you can access a number of services.
Telephone information and advice
Our Information and Advice specialists are here to help you find practical ways forward when you feel overwhelmed by problems. Sometimes, having the information to make a sensible plan, and some support in doing so, is all it takes to feel better.
Our advisors are highly trained to quickly find what you need and help you get back in control of your life.
Common subjects include
- Family and Personal: Relationships, Divorce, Child Support, Domestic Violence, Childcare, Eldercare, Community Care, Changing a Name
- Debt: Credit, Debt, Banks, Loans, Consolidation
- Workplace: Bullying and Harassment, Maternity Rights/Pay, Sick Pay, Health and Safety at Work
Care first Lifestyle is an online resource containing information, advice and articles for issues occurring in every-day life.
- At Home - Balancing home life with work can be challenging, especially if you are experiencing difficulties in your personal life. Our At Home section provides support for issues such as; Debt, Finances, Relationships, Family, Your Home, Bereavement and Childcare.
- At Work - Many of our friendships, goals, ambitions and experiences stem from the workplace. Coping with work-related pressures will help maintain your wellbeing and the ability to be positive and effective. At Work contains articles, information, advice and support to address problems such as Stress, Change, Conflict, Promotion, Pressure, Retirement...
- Health - This section contains balanced, independent information and advice on Physical health, Wellbeing, Stress, Nutrition; a place to check out health worries or to get inspiration and support for healthy habits.
All our counsellors are members of, and Accredited to, the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), with extensive experience and expertise.
Discuss anything that is troubling you, whether it is personal difficulties – for example relationships, family matters, stress, loss or bereavement; or work-related issues such as feeling pressure, work-load, changes at work, bullying or harassment.
Whatever your situation you can be sure of a supportive and constructive response. You are not alone.
Although provided by your employer, Care first services are completely independent and your call is treated in confidence in accordance with the BACP Ethical Framework. When you make contact you will be asked to identify your employer and you may also be asked for other information – this is purely for statistical use.